About John-Edward C. Hyde:
John-Edward C. Hyde advises management on all aspects of employment and labour law, including representation before administrative tribunals, collective agreement negotiation, arbitrations, wrongful dismissal defense and human rights. He also assists clients in providing strategic legal and human resources advice on labour and employment matters arising out of complex mergers, acquisitions and the sale of businesses. John-Edward’s pre-law background is in operations and human resources management in the transportation industry. This experience provides him with the unique opportunity to assist clients in the formulation of practical legal solutions, specifically tailored to their needs.
John-Edward is one of only 24 lawyers in Ontario certified as a Specialist in Labour Law by the Law Society of Upper Canada.
John-Edward represents private, public and institutional clients in a wide variety of labour and employment matters across Canada. His clients include international transportation interests, construction companies, manufacturers, health care providers, universities and major breweries. He has developed widely recognized legal sub-practices in the specialized areas of Transportation and Construction Labour Relations. He is the author of a number of articles in various labour and employment publications, and has presented numerous seminars on labour and employment law matters.
Practice areas include:
- Management Side Labour and Employment Law
- Collective Agreements
- Wrongful Dismissal
- Human Rights
- Human Resources Management
Memberships & Associations:
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association (Ontario)
- Member, Transportation Lawyers Association of America and the Canadian Transport Lawyers’ Association
- Member, and past Director of the North American Transportation Employee Relations Association
- Member, and past Director of the Human Resources Professionals Association of Ontario
- Member, The Royal Canadian Military Institute and the Royal Canadian Yacht Club
John in the Media:
Back To Our Team