Tahir Khorasanee regularly appears on Newstalk 1010 with Howard Levitt. He is a member of the Ontario Bar Association Council. He was previously the vice chair and regional representative of the Young Lawyers Division, a newsletter editor of the Alternate Dispute Resolution section and a newsletter editor of the Constitutional, Civil Liberties and Human Rights section of the Ontario Bar Association.
Tahir articled for a reputable litigation boutique and was hired back for his tenacity to dig deep. He has the honour of being one of the few litigators in Canada to have conducted a 3-week jury trial in his first year of practice. He has several court victories under his belt.
Tahir has completed his Bachelors in Economics at York University and graduated with honours. Tahir has experience working in the financial services industry; he understands numbers and always has one eye on his client’s bottom line.
Tahir had outstanding academic achievements in law school. Upon graduation, Tahir won a leadership award for his involvement in extra-curricular activities including moot court competitions both at the law school and international level. He represented Wales at the International Court of Justice as a participant in the prestigious Telders International Law Moot Court Competition. He won first prize at several law school mock trials and moot court competitions and was recognized for both oral and written advocacy.
After law school, Tahir continued to pursue his academic interests which unsurprisingly were civil litigation and dispute resolution. He received a 3.8 G.P.A. at Osgoode Hall Law School and is an anomaly in the legal profession for having received a Master of Laws degree.
His diverse background, strong litigation style and exceptional negotiation skills make him ideal for both employers and employees. Tahir’s practice focuses on complex labour, employment and human rights disputes at all levels of court, the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario and the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Civil Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Wrongful/Unjust dismissal claims
- Complex Torts
- Injunctions restraining competition and information distribution
- Advising employers with respect to acquisitions and company restructuring, management training and employment contract drafting
- Human Rights Law
- Representing client’s in high stakes contract negotiations
- Management labour relations law including certification & decertification of trade unions
EDUCATION + CREDENTIALS
- B.A. (Hon.) in Economics from York University
- LL.B. from the University of Wales, Bangor
- LL.M. in Civil Litigation and Dispute Resolution from Osgoode Hall Law School
Membership & Associations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association